- publishing Emanuel Swedenborg’s pre-theological books
- using other available media broadcast the ideas contained in those books
- sponsoring and publishing research into these these ideas, into their relationships to thecultural environments of the 18th century to today, and into the development of Swedenborg’s ideas as preparation for his role as revelator.
To fulfill these purposes, the SSA focuses on two projects:
- Publishing The New Philosophy, the journal of the Swedenborg Scientific Association. This biannual journal contains articles on topics of interest to the SSA and it’s members, reviews of books published by the SSA and other publishers, information about our growing catalog of publications, and news concerning the SSA and allied organizations.
- Building a catalog of books and other media—including both the works of Swedenborg and those of other authors—available for purchase and distribution.