by Kurt Nemitz
- 1688 Born January 29, 1688 in Stockholm Sweden.
- 1692 Family moves to Uppsala when his father Jesper Swedberg is appointed a Professor of Theology at the university.
- 1696 Swedenborg’s mother, Sarah Behm Swedberg dies.
- 1699 Matriculates at Uppsala University.
- 1703 Jesper Swedberg appointed Bishop of Skara in central Sweden.
- 1709 Graduates from Uppsala University.
- 1710 Travels to England to study science.
- 1713 Travels to Holland and France to study science.
- 1714 Travels to Rostock via Germany to organize his studies.
- 1715 Returns to Sweden.
PROFESSIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- 1716 Appointed to Royal College of Mines.
- 1716 Publishes first issue of Daedalus Hyperboreus.
- 1718 Works with Swedish inventor Christopher Polhem.
- 1719 His father Bishop Jesper Swedberg ennobled and therewith his and his children’s family name changed to Swedenborg.
- 1721 Publishes first book Chemistry.
- 1722 Publishes proposal on Sweden’s coinage system.
- 1723 Recognized as an Assessor of the Royal College of Mines.
- 1724 Nomination as a full, salaried Assessor approved by the king.
- 1734 Publishes three-volume Philosophical and Mineralogical Works.
- 1734 Publishes The Infinite and Final Cause of Creation.
- 1740 Publishes the first volume of The Economy of the Soul’s Kingdom.
- 1741 Publishes the second volume of The Economy of the Soul’s Kingdom.
- 1744 Publishes The Soul’s Kingdom.
- 1745 Publishes two volumes of The Worship and Love of God.
- 1745 Receives a Divine “call”–spiritual sight is opened and communication with those in the hereafter begins.
- 1747 Resigns from the Royal College of Mines.
- 1749 Publishes the first volume of Arcana Coelestia.
- 1756 Publishes the eighth volume of Arcana Coelesia.
- 1758 Publishes five theological works including Heaven and Hell and The Last Judgment.
- 1760 Memorial on hard currency presented to the House of Nobles.
- 1763 Publishes the doctrines of the New Jerusalem: Divine Providence and Divine Love and Wisdom.
- 1764 Publishes the two volume Apocalypse Revealed.
- 1768 Publishes Conjugial Love.
- 1770 Publishes first volume of True Christian Religion.
- 1771 Publishes second volume of True Christian Religion.
- 1771 Suffers stroke in London in December.
- 1772 Dies in London on March 29th.